Wet Rooms are waterproofed (tanked) rooms usually equipped with a walk in shower. The wet room itself becomes the shower enclosure, with a shower drain inset into a gently sloped floor in place of a conventional shower tray.
Tanking is a waterproofing procedure carried out in wet rooms to protect the building against moisture migration and leaks (steam, shower spray, etc).
You can replace your shower room/ bathroom in any house or apartment with a wet room. The style of your wet room may vary depending on your floor profile. If you are looking for level access showering, the shower drain needs to be installed completely into your floor. Please note this may not be suitable for some buildings if you do not have enough space beneath the actual floor i.e. the depth of the flooring screed is insufficient or the wooden joists are not deep enough
The benefits of a Wet room
- Opens up your bathroom and creates a more attractive space
- Suits and facilitates contemporary design
- Facilitates a shower where a traditional shower tray may not have been viable
- Wet room flooring can be wooden or concrete floor
- No predetermined shower sizes or shapes
- Easy access for reduced mobility
Please contact me for a quotation, if you are considering having a wet room built.